Blippit Blocks has been added to Blippit IO. It’ll be available for all schools to use from @5pm (GMT) 5/1/16
- is a block-based visual programming tool for Key Stage 2-3 Computing.
- promotes computational thinking opportunities
- is great for developing debugging skills
- is designed so that student/teacher project sharing, creation & playback are really simple & open
- has accessibility built in with the option of a higher contrast/larger text Code Theme
- has whole class big screen accessibility built in with the option of super-zoom
- is touch-responsive so can be used in the browser on an iPad
- sends it’s code seamlessly to Blippit IO’s PureCode Python tool for keen coders to develop further in text
[servicebox icon=”fa-search-plus” icontype=”fa” icon_size=”50″ iconbg_size=”100″ iconbg_radius=”50″ margin_bottom=”20″ margin_top=”20″ iconbgcolor=”#FFFFFF” iconcolor=”#777777″ headingtype=”h6″ readmorestyle=”default”]Tap or click an image to magnify[/servicebox]
Write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals, solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts use sequence and repetition in programs.
Teachers can share projects with students as a Blippit IO Template Project for debugging, extension and development. We’ve also added a special button that appears in Blippit Blocks Projects so you can export your Blocks code into Blippit IO PureCode Python for more advanced text-based coding development, if needed, using the popular Python language.
Thanks to all our fabulous school users for your ongoing feedback, support and interest in Blippit IO – we really do appreciate it!