As well as Blippit, Get Logged In offers Blippit Social which is all about enabling schools to have a a special and much safer presence on Facebook to engage with parents. After two conversations today with two schools here’s a nice way for schools who use Facebook to create a parent app on Blippit that gives parents the chance to monitor Facebook updates while using the app.
Here’s how to get your school Facebook page feed into your Blippit app
First you need to know your Facebook page id (not its friendly alias) so here’s how to get it replacing ‘getloggedin’ in every case with your own page name
- Get Logged In’s Facebook page URL is http://www.facebook.com/getloggedin
- Go to https://graph.facebook.com/getloggedin in your browser
- In your browser & copy your page id from the code (highlighted)
- Replace the italicised page id in this URL with yours https://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?id=137228652990865&format=rss20
- Put the whole URL into a Blippit RSS widget, Save and preview.