Blippit Social has grown as a service and product over the years to become a 3 pronged school strategy for parental engagement using social media, data and now web sites too which we call Blippit Sites.
For an insight into what Blippit Social is all about we’ve just released a downloadable leaflet that sums everything up, we hope, very succinctly. It’s ideal for Senior Leaders wanting to quickly understand what Blippit Social can bring to school.
Arguably we might have taken our ‘fishing where the fish are’ message to a bit of an extreme with the nautical nuance but if you can’t have a bit of fun along the way then what’s the point?!
[button style=”btn-primary btn-lg” align=”middle” type=”link” target=”true” title=”More about Blippit Social” link=”http://blippit.co.uk/#blippitsocial”]
Download the PDF and contact us anytime if a chat would help.
RM Unify schools should now use the browser based version of Blippit instead of the CC4 download This is the easiest way to sign in with RM Unify.
Schools using the original Blippit App Maker will still be able to access this through RM Unify until renewal time when special upgrade rates will be applied to everyone migrating over to Blippit IO.
We love the fact that RM Unify’s approach gives their schools the single sign-on experience. The way that we have modified Blippit IO for schools using RM Unify means that there’s no distractions or worries about usernames and passwords either – which has to be a good thing! If you’ve never tried single sign-on services you may want to find out more.
Last week we released a new layer of ‘look and feel’ choices for Blippit IO App Maker users to apply to their project apps. This is a free upgrade to all our existing and trial schools.
- a huge range of icons to choose from
- colours to apply to individual button icons
- broad themes that follow design rules according to your personal preference of phone platform between iOS and Android
- not just about looking pretty but also about putting the navigation in the correct place for the phone device
The iOS & Android Styles
These are brand new and include a huge collection of icons that you can now pick from to make the app look more professional. Once you have selected a style a extra ‘Advanced’ tab appears on every widget where you choose colours and icon.
- There is now ‘icon only’ navigation on the footer area too which many people have been asking for.
The Default Style
This is the standard theme that has always been popular because of it’s speed and simplicity. So, we’ve left this in as well as the iOS and Android Styles.
Blippit IO is now also a downloadable application instead of purely browser-based experience and there are many reasons why we’ve done this. A big reason is that we sensed a potential digital divide emerging giving a two tier experience for those schools with ‘modern’ desktop browsers and those without.
Blippit IO can offer school much more in terms of features and tools in it’s downloadable version. Even the Safari browser version for iPad does so much more than ever before, all because it’s a ‘modern’ browser.
We’d love to have kept Blippit IO as purely a browser-based experience but unfortunately because of the reality that many schools have many different types of browsers (many old ones) it would have meant that only people with the latest browsers would have benefited from Blippit IO’s powerful new features and tools. This would have gone against one of our driving principles which is all about inclusion and giving everyone the same opportunities. Last year one of our in-house issues was that different and older browser types would cause unexpected behaviours in the app maker and this made it really difficult for us to support schools to the level we’d like. Now however, the downloadable Blippit IO package puts every school on the same level playing field and that is wonderful.
With Blippit IO as a downloadable application we can offer every school
- The brand new Blippit Spotlight – an exciting and made for schools web conferencing tool which is perfect for when you’re snookered by firewalls and filtering – it just works
- Brand new customisations for mobile apps that given a huge range of new choice about how your apps should look
- A brand new communication tool as part of the app maker to support learner feedback between teacher and children
- A brand new powerful photo editing Widget in the App Maker that means you no longer need to be a master of graphics to get very cool images in your app
- Heaps of new flexibility in how teachers organise and move children around the Admin side of Blippit IO
- The brand new interactive online coding tool PureCode Python currently cooking up a nice bit of fuss at KS 3
- Excellent support and a rock solid knowledge base from within Blippit IO
So there you have it – we just wanted to share our thinking and hope you can see the logic too 🙂 Have a great term whether you’re trialling or using Blippit IO and speak soon.