It’s time to put learning literally in the Spotlight. Meaningful, authentic and unique experiences with high expectations are where Blippit IO Spotlight is aiming to help out.
Historically face-to-face communications using technology has been thwarted in school because of
- technical barriers i.e. Skype is blocked or Google meant a lot of account setup and wider thought
- lack of service support
- stranger danger worries
- memories of megabucks needed to achieve anything worthwhile
So what have we done?
We’ve created Blippit IO Spotlight & the plan is that it’ll be exclusively available to all our Blippit IO School users as part of the Blippit IO suite whether you use the App Maker or PureCode Python or both. Here’s a quick introduction:
What does Spotlight do and how is it different?
We have given the teacher full control over everything with no need for tech support. The teacher chooses
- who can use video to communicate
- when it’s available and therefore when it isn’t by default
- when ‘rooms’ for links are available
We’ve made Blippit IO Spotlight so that teachers can
- create exciting and unique opportunities for communicating and collaborating with others
- connect simply to another Blippit IO member or invited ‘other’ from outside of Blippit IO
- use text chat to share comments or links with others
- make best use of our quick file sender to share resources with others in project chat
- collaborate and communicate via Blippit IO Spotlight safely any time and anywhere
We’d like to thank all our users, past and present, for coming along with us on this change-filled time in education. Let’s face it – change became the norm many years ago so why not try to have some fun along the way? 😉