I like this photo a lot. Head Teachers talking about social media parental engagement with Head Teachers and other school leaders at our Bippit Positive Head Teachers’ Event yesterday at the beautiful Brockholes Nature Reserve.
Yesterday schools from all over the north west come along to talk about the day-to-day challenges & successes of parental engagement. It’s safe to say I think that noone went back to school with questions unanswered because we’d also invited some experienced Head Teacher colleagues along to share what they’d learned over the last 4 years with us.
Themes talked about included
- educating & supporting parents
- nurturing & harnessing school values through parents
- time management
- tips & tricks
- what works better than something else
- data on trends for engagement
- data on topics of discussion
- data on peak times for engagement
- data on community demographics & much more
New! Blippit Social Reports
We introduced our new social reporting service for schools which goes beyond what regular Facebook Insights offer. This for me personally is ‘where it’s at’ for us and our schools when you need to prove your worth, demonstrate how school is managing to keep the focus of relationship with parents on track or the value of the activity to yourself or other powers that be. (Here’s an earlier article on just a small part of what we do.)
The event was filmed in lovely HD and we’ll be sharing the footage with delegates, speakers and other specially selected channels soon. We’ll be doing more of this due to demands on the day and from those who simply couldn’t make it.
BIG THANKS to
- Acer Education UK for sponsoring the Chromebook prize which was won by a delegate from a school in Wigan
- InVentry & Virtue Technologies for supporting the event with their visitor management system
- our NW Head Teachers, Lancs County Council & Brockholes Education Team speakers for sharing their respective knowledge & experience with others too.