Phone number interactivity on your app’s contact page is easy to set up and here’s how.
Having an app means users of it will want to interact. Here’s how you can make your school phone number part of that interactiveness.
It’s pretty simple to do – just replace our sequence of number with your phone number and add the code in into the Writer widget of your choice.
and you’ll get this 123456789
Note the ‘tel://’ schema instead of the normal ‘http://’ schema. This is the important bit. You can do this in the HTML editor if you want (i.e.you don’t have to go to code view). Just change the ‘http://’ in the link making tool to ‘tel://’
As well as Blippit, Get Logged In offers Blippit Social which is all about enabling schools to have a a special and much safer presence on Facebook to engage with parents. After two conversations today with two schools here’s a nice way for schools who use Facebook to create a parent app on Blippit that gives parents the chance to monitor Facebook updates while using the app.
Here’s how to get your school Facebook page feed into your Blippit app
First you need to know your Facebook page id (not its friendly alias) so here’s how to get it replacing ‘getloggedin’ in every case with your own page name
- Get Logged In’s Facebook page URL is http://www.facebook.com/getloggedin
- Go to https://graph.facebook.com/getloggedin in your browser
- In your browser & copy your page id from the code (highlighted)
- Replace the italicised page id in this URL with yours https://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?id=137228652990865&format=rss20
- Put the whole URL into a Blippit RSS widget, Save and preview.